We live in a challenging time. Climate change and mass consumption is threatening our planet's existence. Excessive extraction of natural resources has created immeasurable waste and pollution. This issue is complicated and imminent. While recognition and awareness is important, direct action is by far the most effective. But traditional recycling is not enough. The reuse mission offers a more sustainable solution that everyone can be a part of. REUSE! Because You Can't Recycle The Planet follows Reuse Pro Alex Eaves' cross-country adventure to the 48 contiguous U.S. states. On his journey, he finds endless reuse solutions for our waste problem that are not only sustainable, but many of which are easy and fun! And he learns just how reuse truly benefits "people, planet, and wallet."
Hello from Los Angeles!
This is Alex Eaves, the director of REUSE! Because You Can't Recycle The Planet. So many exciting things have been going on. We have a bunch of screenings lined up, including our first international one! And as of today, the film has been purchased by people in 18 countries; people all over the Earth!
Speaking of Earth, Earth Month starts tomorrow and Earth Day is April 22nd. It's the time of year when the planet is celebrated worldwide and people look for ways to take part. For me, reuse has always been an effective, fun, and easy way to celebrate our planet. And after having seen the film, I'm sure you agree. That said, I'd like to share 7 ways that you can take part this April in helping our film reach more people; thus sharing the benefits of reuse and celebrating our planet.
Thanks everyone and Happy Earth Month!
- SHARE THE TRAILER ON FACEBOOK: http://bit.ly/235oIP5 (Sample Post) This Earth Day, check out REUSE! Because You Can't Recycle The Planet., a new film that focuses on solutions, not problems with our planet.
- SHARE THE YOUTUBE TRAILER ON TWITTER: (Sample Tweet) This #EarthDay, check out @reusebecause, a new film that focuses on #solutions, not problems with our planet. #reuse http://bit.ly/1RPTqdg
- SHARE AN IMAGE FROM THE FILM ON INSTAGRAM: (Sample Post) This Earth Day, check out @reusebecause, a new film that focuses on solutions, not problems with our planet. #reuse #reusedocumentary #reusebecause #EarthDay #EarthDay2016 #savetheplanet
- GIVE THE DIGITAL DOWNLOAD OF THE FILM AS A GIFT: http://bit.ly/1Y2oG72
- WEAR A REUSE! T-SHIRT AND SHARE A PHOTO: Put on your REUSE! T-Shirt and show us your favorite way to reuse. Send it to us via email or social networks. If you don't have a shirt yet, you can order one here: http://bit.ly/1M3J6fi
- ATTEND A SCREENING: Dates listed below
- SET UP A SCREENING: In addition to theatrical screenings, our film is great for schools. So if you know any teachers, please be sure to suggest our film. With our discussion guide, it makes celebrating the planet in the classroom super easy. For all screening and speaking engagement inquiries, please visit the Screenings section at reusedocumentary.com or email Amirah at email@example.com.
- 4/1 Orono, ME at University of Maine
- 4/7 San Antonio, TX at Southwest School of Art (Tickets/Info)
- 4/17 Yelm, WA 6:15PM at Yelm Cinemas (Tickets/Info)
- 4/19 Wenham, MA at Gordon College
- 4/20 Tempe, AZ at Valley Art Theater (Tickets/Info)
- 4/20 Newport, RI at Salve Regina University
- 4/21 Vallejo, CA at Century 14 Vallejo (Tickets/Info)
- 4/21 Hattiesburg, MS at The Grand 18 (Tickets/Info)
- 4/21 Rochester, NY 6:30PM at Cinemark Movies 10 (Tickets/Info)
- 4/21 Sioux Falls, SD at Roosevelt High School
- 4/26 Cohasset, MA - Elementary School
- 4/27 Mashpee, MA 6:30PM at Regal Mashpee Commons 6 (Tickets/Info)
- TBA Glasgow, UK at Glasgow School of Art (Tickets/Info)
- 5/1 Stoughton, MA at Stoughton House of Brews
- 5/15 Norwell, MA - Special Screening
- 10/16 Somerville, MA at ReuseConex (Tickets/Info)